As yesterdays post informed you, I spent too much at Chanel and another of those purchases were on two Rouge Allure lipsticks from the Nuit Infinie collection, the shades Radieuse (217) and La Precieuse (Rouge Allure Velvet) (317).


The Rouge Allure formulations have a 'luminous' finish to them however I would say they are medium-sheer which results in the luminous quality. 
As the name suggests the Rouge Allure Velvet formulas have a velvet finish to them. I enjoy a matte finish so this velvet finish is quite beautiful however I have to state that this formula does not work on dry lips. You MUST prep your lips if you plan to wear a Rouge Allure Velvet! And you MUST hydrate beforehand.


The first shade I purchased was Radieuse which is a light blue toned baby pink which usually isn't my kind of shade. However it is quite sheer on application which is why I find it quite wearable and on my skin tone it gives me an Ingenue-type of look. On lighter skin tones it will be a beautiful baby pink. I do warn you however that this is not as opaque as La Precieuse and is quite sheer however I love that about this product. Even though it is sheer on first application it is buildable.




The second shade I purchased is La Precieuse which is a gorgeous blue based Pink-red which falls right into the category of Winter Pinks (possible dupe for Mac Ronnie Red). This shade on my skin tone definitely reads as a pink rather than a red-pink. It is a beautiful shade which can be very versatile as it can be girly and playful but at the same time sleek and sophisticated. Plus the velvet-matte finish will make this last all day!





Have you tried any Chanel lipsticks?
 Have you spotted any from the new collection which have taken your fancy?

Post a Comment

Contact

© Coquette Noelle
Design by The Basic Page